This is a sudoku solver program. It can be used to solve any of the sudoku puzzles on this site. There is another program for killer sudoku puzzles.
- Use the mouse to select/de-select cells.
- The buttons in the 'cell value' group are used to set or clear the selected cell.
- To set (or remove) an inequality relation between two cells, select both cells and use the appropriate relation button.
- If a puzzle has no solutions or many solutions then this will be reported. A solution for a puzzle is only displayed if it is unique.
- Puzzles are saved as PDF documents. Saved puzzles can be loaded back into the solver.
- This program will run on Windows Vista/7/8. If you have Windows XP then you will need to install Microsoft .Net Framework version 3.5 or better.
Puzzles downloaded from this site can be loaded directly into the solver program. For this to work properly, it may be necessary to download the puzzle by right-clicking on the puzzle link and using the 'save target as...' option. This preserves the script format of the document. Later versions of the Adobe Pdf reader program (version 10.0 onwards) convert the document from a script into bytecode which the solver program is not able to read.